'A pub like they used to be'
Hidden away in the centre of Tring's 'Old Triangle' lies the The King's Arms Freehouse. Privately run since 1981 and rooted in the community, we offer the best choice of ales, ciders, lagers and spirits in the area; and are always happy to advise you if you need a bit of assistance in making your choices.
We have built a reputation over more than 30 years for real ales and genuinely home cooked meals, served in a traditional pub environment where there are no 'electronic distractions'.
We are passionate about supporting local suppliers, whether it's our Tring Brewery ales or our meat from a Tring based butcher.
Nine things we have:
- Five draught ales and one traditional draught cider - always something new
- An extensive gin and Scotch whisky selection
- Home-cooked food every day; daily specials menu
- Good Beer Guide Listing for 33 years. Five times CAMRA Local Pub of the year since 2002
- Covered and heated courtyard garden
- Free wi-fi
- Darts Team - Tring & District League (new members welcome)
- Traditional pub games - darts, cribbage, dominoes
- Real coal fires in winter (note the windows above the fireplaces!)
Six things we don't have:
- A car park (there's usually roadside space nearby)
- Canned music
- Dogs inside (But they are very welcome in the courtyard)
- Games machines
- Pool tables
'Hard to find, difficult to miss'
You'll know us when you get here; the pub dominates the junction of three roads.