'A pub like they used to be'
Hidden away in the centre of Tring's 'Old Triangle' lies the The King's Arms Freehouse. Family-run since 1981 and rooted in the community, we offer the best choice of beers, ciders and imported lagers in the area. We have built a reputation over nearly 30 years for real ales and genuinely home cooked meals - traditional, modern and exotic. We care about beers and we care about food; you'll find we know what the beers taste like, and can offer advice and samples. We also know what's in our food and how it tastes; we made it, we eat it ourselves and the recipes are largely ours!
Nine things we have:
- Five draught ales and one traditional draught cider - always something new
- Home-cooked food every day; daily specials menu - always including vegetarian
- Good Beer Guide Listing for 29 years. Five times CAMRA Local Pub of the year since 2002
- Covered and heated courtyard garden
- Free wi-fi
- Darts Team - Tring & District League (new members welcome)
- Traditional pub games - darts, cribbage, dominoes
- Real coal fires in winter (note the windows above the fireplaces!)
- Take-away beers in 2-36 pint containers (see BEERS section)
Six things we don't have:
- A car park (there's usually roadside space nearby)
- Canned music
- Games machines
- Pool tables
'Hard to find, difficult to miss'
You'll know us when you get here; the pub dominates the junction of three roads.